Sunday, May 30, 2010

Daring Bakers Challenge, May 2010

*EDIT* A small misunderstanding in the format for DBC's...:

The May 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Cat of Little Miss Cupcake. Cat challenged everyone to make a piece montĂ©e, or croquembouche, based on recipes from Peter Kump’s Baking School in Manhattan and Nick Malgieri.

Croquembouche aka Piece Montee....Ive made a few croquembouches before and being my first DBC, which I signed up for to have some guidance for new things to make, I wasn't thrilled with this months choice. That combined with the weather we have been having in the Northeast United States hasnt been very good for sugar work...my effort and results were less than perfect.

Why the one photo, you ask? Because I ran out of puffs and didn't feel like making more, knowing that by the time more were baked, cooled, and filled, the croquembouche would be slowly falling apart because of the moisture in the air. Oh well!

This months challenge was hosted by Cat of Little Miss Cupcake. Thanks Cat!

Recipe can be found over at the daring kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are being too hard on yourself. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete