Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Daring Bakers Challenge - June 2010



The June 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Dawn of Doable and Delicious. Dawn challenged the Daring Bakers’ to make Chocolate Pavlovas and Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse. The challenge recipe is based on a recipe from the book Chocolate Epiphany by Francois Payard

A pdf of the recipe can be downloaded here

Not a bad dessert at all. As far as the recipe goes - I did include the Grand Marnier, but not the Sambuca, and if I were to make it again I would reduce the amount of lemon zest. Other than that, its pretty spot on. Now for what I did differently: After baking my meringues for about 30 minutes, I pulled them from the oven and let them cool. At this point, they weren't far from the texture/consistency of a flourless cake. I scooped out the center and then put them back in the oven until they were crisp. I then filled the meringues with the mascarpone mousse rather than topping them with it. Heres a shot of the inside:
I want to thank Dawn for the challenge this month, this was the first pavlova I have made and certainly wont be the last.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea this mousse heart...it looks fantastic!!! :-D

    Kisses form Italy

    Ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a clever idea love it well done. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

    ReplyDelete