Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mobile chinatown

Testing out mobile blogging. My Internet connection at the apartment has been iffy at best this week so I figured I'd give this a try..at least autocorrect will fix my horrible spelling. I was in Chinatown this afternoon and had a great lunch at Lao shanghai. Started with some drunken chicken and chicken feet with wine sauce. Both were tasty. After that we had some soup dumplings - xaio bao long:



These dumplings were better than the ones I had at moon palace a few weeks ago. The dough was much thinner and ha a better filling to broth ratio. They also didn't all stick together and tear apart when you pick them up.

Also had some dried chili chicken. It was good - and even spicier than it looks. According to Sheena, this dish is where general Tsos chicken came from. Needless to say, it is infinitely better than any GTC I've had.


No comments:

Post a Comment