Monday, June 27, 2011

Sous Vide Fried Chicken

First you brine your chicken overnight; I used Thomas Kellers recipe which can be found here:

Next I rinsed the chicken, deboned it, bagged it up and dropped it in a water bath at 64 C. This is 147.2 F. Health Department says cook your chicken to 165 F. I figured the frying process would bring it to a good temperature somewhere between 147 and 165. It did.

 Since my chicken was all kind of thick I left it in the bath for about 1.5 - 2 hours. Wasn't paying that much attention to the clock. Once it was done, I removed the chicken from the bag and patted it dry. I then coated the chicken in seasoned flour - again, I used Thomas Kellers recipe for this. After coating, I heated some oil in a dutch oven to 350 F and fried the chicken until it looked done.

Clockwise: Roasted broccoli, mashed cauliflower, fried chicken. 

Garnished with flash fried herbs. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment